Besides nuclear weapons there can be various radiological and other weapon hazards within your state and radiological threats may come from outside your state.
1. Nuclear power plants (think Chernoybl) for one. When the power, technology and personnel may not be available to maintain the plants - there is no telling what may happen to / with them.
|2. The same applies to the storage of used nuclear fuel which presently has to be kept cooled and maintained|
.3. Then there might somewhere be a stockpile of nuclear weapons.
4. Storage concerns should not be with just nuclear weapons but also with biological and chemical weapons.
5. There may just be hazardous stores of industrial chemicals that are no longer being maintained and protected.
6. There can be armories and warehouses of weapons and explosives that could fall into dangerous hands.
7. Whatever may be added to this list - needs to be identified and dealt with.
|SHOREHAM NUCLEAR POWER PLANT NO LONGER EXSISTS IT RAN FOR A MONTH WAS DECLARED OBSOLETE ITs NUCLEAR FUEL WAS SHIPPED VIA BARGE TO SAVANNAH RIVER AND THE REST FOLLOWED THAT WAS CONTAMINATED.|
THEY AUCTIONED OFF EVERYTHING THE LIGHTING COMPANY THAT BUILT IT WAS TAKEN OVER BY THE STATE RIGHT AFTER ALL THIS AND THE TAX PAYERS AND LIGHTING BILLS ARE PAYING FOR THE MISTAKE OF BUILDING A NUCLEAR POWER PLANT ON LONG ISLAND
7 miles south is the REACTOR At BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LAB THE VERY PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THE ATOMIC TESTS IN THE PACIFIC/AND OTHER SHOTS AND THE EXPERIMENTATION OF RADIATION ON AGRICULTURE AND HUMANS THE REACTOR HAS RELEASED RADIATION INTO THE SURROUNDING WATERWAYS AND UNDERGROUND AQUIFER THAT HOLDS SUFFOLK COUNTY'S DRINKING WATER THERE HAVE BEEN NUMEROUS RADIATION RELEASES AND ACCIDENTS OVER THE YEARS AND A VERY HIGH CANCER RATE LOCALLY AND LONG ISLAND HAS THE HIGHEST RATE OF BREAST CANCER IN THE COUNTRY THE LAB DENIES ANY INVOLVEMENT BUT HUGE SWATHES OF WOODS WERE SPRAYED WITH ARTIFICIAL FALLOUT AND MONITORED FOR EXPERIMENTS AS WELL AS TOWERS WITH BOXES HOLDING LARGE AMOUNTS OF HIGHLY RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL SETUP ON THE LABS PROPERTY IN THESE TESTS TO SIMULATE FALLOUT ON VEGETATION PROBABLY THE ANIMALS THAT LIVE AROUND THE LAB WERE EXPOSED SINCE LARGE AMOUNTS OF DEER ROAM FREELY THROUGH THESE AREAS.